The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur job vacancies 2021 for Executive Butler position which based in Kuala Lumpur. Jawatan kosong The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur 2021 terkini untuk kekosongan Executive Butler penempatan di Kuala Lumpur.
- Executive Butler
Job Number 21009535
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Stesen Sentral & Jalan Travers, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
As the original house of luxury, St. Regis continues to redefine modern luxury through service. At the core is the Butler program, an icon to our heritage and the heart and soul of new luxury. It is high-touch, personalized, creative and original. It is brought to life by all talent but serving as the primary face to the program is our Butler team, who are the ultimate luxury ambassadors.
The Executive Butler is a department head with responsibility for the successful functioning and delivery of our critical and differentiating butler services to guests. You set the tone for and are primarily accountable to providing a seamless face to the guest pre-arrival, during the guest stay and at departure. Butler services are accomplished by directly managing the Butler team – comprised of Butlers and Butler Valets – and strong coordination with other departments. The Executive Butler leads by working to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction, and maximize the financial performance of the department.
While the St. Regis brand is steeped in history with roots that can be traced back to the early 1900s, every team member is part of a trailblazing future to redefine modern luxury through service. The Executive Butler’s success is rooted in a deep passion for service, uncompromising standards, leadership excellence, the ability to anticipate needs, impeccable interpersonal skills and technology skills to successfully lead the Butler program.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years of experience in butler services, guest relations, or related professional area; completion of a formal butler training program.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; completion of a formal butler training program; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Butler Services
- Manages day-to-day butler services operations verifying that quality and standards exceed the expectations of guests on a daily basis. This includes all pre-arrival activities, Butler Service Desk operations, and Butler staff in order to provide a seamless butler program for guests.
- Manages VIP guests. Recognizes repeat and important guests and builds rapport in order to develop personal guest contact, obtains preferences and proactively anticipates guest needs and requirement.
- Manages VIP guests’ schedules as appropriate to support potential needs.
- Manages the guest experience so that a high level of privacy is afforded and confidentiality is kept on behalf of VIP guests when possible.
- Works closely with Butler Service Desk and verifies resources provide seamless services during the on-site guest journey.
- Conducts daily stand-ups and communicates clear and consistent messages through stand-ups regarding the Butler team updates and goals to produce desired results.
- Obtains list of check-ins and VIP guests both to prepare work assignments for the Butler team.
- Keeps the Butler team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among departments such as Front Office and Housekeeping whose touch points intersect with butler services and Butler team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors and sets the bar for execution of butler services through training and mentorship.
- Continuously strives with the team to provide the bespoke and uncompromising services.
- Supports and trains other departments who deliver on signature services (e.g., housekeeping, room inspections, delivery).
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team
- Sets the standard and tone for how Butler team members drive guest relations.
- Coaches team members to recognize and build rapport with guests.
- Establishes processes to obtain guest preferences and proactively anticipate guest needs and requirements.
- Verifies Butler teams manage guests’ schedules to anticipate potential needs.
- Verifies Butler teams maintain a high level of privacy, discretion and confidentiality on behalf of guests when possible.
- Verifies Butler teams address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner, consistent with company policy.
- Fosters positive guest relations by coaching team members to actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assists other employees to verify proper coverage and prompt guest service.
Managing Departmental Costs
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Supervises and approves the budgeting and ordering of product and supplies in support of butler services.
- Manages departmental budget in such a way that the overall property financial goals are met, and supporting staff are educated on relevant details as appropriate.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews, hires and develops Butler team members with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Reviews staffing levels and modifies as appropriate so that butler services are delivered at the expected level, balanced with meeting financial and operational objectives. In reviewing staffing levels, creates monthly/weekly schedules, meeting departmental and individuals’ needs. Includes control of attendance by using software used by Human Resources Department.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and verifies employees do the same within the team.
- Verifies recognition of employees is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
Guest Services - Knowledge of procedures for wake-up services, safe deposit boxes, room and property amenities, property-specific programs (e.g., kids’ programs), guest rewards programs, and local attractions.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
How To Apply
Are you looking for new challenge and job opportunity in hotel industry this 2021 ? Just apply this Executive Butler job online through Indeed Malaysia Apply Online
SUPPORT HotelKini.comJoin HotelKini social media group right now !!
Get the latest Malaysia hotel jobs information directly from your fav social media, either Instagram / Telegram / Facebook / LinkedIn
DisclaimerThe information provided in here is for general information purposes only. All information on this page is provided in good faith, however HotelKini.com make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on this page. Please use with your own discretion and is solely at your own risk.