Miri Marriott Resort & Spa job vacancies 2021 for Assistant Financial Controller position. Jawatan kosong Miri Marriott Resort & Spa terkini untuk kekosongan Assistant Financial Controller.
- Assistant Financial Controller
Job Number 21077631
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Miri Marriott Resort & Spa, Jalan Temenggong Datuk Oyong Lawai, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Functions as the property’s strategic financial business leader. The position champions, develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees. The position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment. In addition, creates and executes a business plan that is aligned with the property and brand’s business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 6 years experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
• Master's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Engaging in Strategic Planning and Decision Making
• Analyzes financial data and market trends.
• Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans.
• Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new business plans
• Protects and strengthens our competitive advantage by advocating and supporting sound business and financial decision making.
• Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability.
• Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
Leading Accounting Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Communicates the strategic goals, the focus and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
• Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other departments managers' clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
• Holds staff accountable for successful performance.
Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Supports property strategy from a finance and accounting perspective
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Ensures appropriate corrections are made to audit results if necessary.
• Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Generates and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
• Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
• Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
• Understands the owners' perspective and ROI expectations.
• Anticipates and addresses owner needs and involves ownership in key decisions.
• Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the executive team, the property's strategies and to lead own team.
• Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
• Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
• Attends owners meetings in order to provide context and explanation for financial results.
• Attends meetings and communicates with the owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
• Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the needs of all key stakeholders.
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program.
• Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Creates appropriate development plans which develop team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
How To Apply
Are you looking for new challenge and job opportunity in hotel industry this 2021 ? Just apply this Assistant Financial Controller job online through Marriott Jobs website Apply Online
SUPPORT HotelKini.comJoin HotelKini social media group right now !!
Get the latest Malaysia hotel jobs information directly from your fav social media, either Instagram / Telegram / Facebook / LinkedIn
DisclaimerThe information provided in here is for general information purposes only. All information on this page is provided in good faith, however HotelKini.com make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on this page. Please use with your own discretion and is solely at your own risk.